Wednesday 4 August 2010

The Runway Edit

So, received my copy of Elle in the post the other day. And with it, my favouritest? supplement; the catwalk magazine. I love looking through all of the top designers collections at fashion week and noseying at all the little things from the invites to their shows right through to the music the models strut (or hobble) down the runway. I always seem to favour the more simple collections and after a quick glance many of the collections this season are just that.



I also bought ELLE collections magazine for the first time. I've always wanted to buy it but when it came to the £6 price tag I had to question whether it was really worth it for 'just another magazine'. However, I'm a total convert to it. Love the arty way they present everything, also like the mix of pages full of photography with the interesting articles and interviews. I think it may even help me creatively with my textiles coursework, well fingers crossed. Which would make it well worth the £6 per season price tag I reckon.

Through looking at the magazines and the LFW website, personally, the collections I love are Sass & Bide, Erdem, Richard Nicoll and Christopher Kane at LFW, but I also liked the simplicity of Celine, Stella McCartney and Chloe at Paris.



Going to Castle Calling festival in a few weeks, so I've been madly listening to the bands that will be there especially Darwin Deez. Ahh, his music is so summery, can't wait to see him. Reckon it'll be pretty good, here's hoping it'll be nice weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog and commenting. I promise to repay the favour. :)