Sunday 29 August 2010

FILM FEST

Saturday night TV means dodgy pointless game shows, (101 ways to leave a game show - utter shite) reality TV and talent competitions. The only thing that usually tempts me is CSI and with possibly every episode already watched I resorted to and got bored by X factor. It was pretty crap last week and this week kinda followed suit. I usually watch it but this year its slightly boring me. So, as TV’s offerings weren’t exactly exciting me anyway, we took a trip to good old blockbuster last night (well Dad did). He brought back cemetery junction which was my request, Invictus, and Shutter Island. Have already watched 2 out of the 3 HA!



Cemetery Junction - Directed by Ricky Gervais and his lanky mate Stephen Merchant? I think. Its described as a coming of age film. Don't really know what that entails. But I enjoyed it, particularly because it is set in the 70's and the soundtrack is great, not at all because 2 of the 3 main characters are fittttt! It's basically, in a sentence, about 3 lads who grow up in a crappy town which people never get out of, but they want to travel and basically make something of their lives rather than work in factories like their fathers did. Their isn't really much of a plot until about 1 hour in but its one of those films where when youve finished watching it, it makes you feel all happy. Man I love those films. Oh and its pretty funny too! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog and commenting. I promise to repay the favour. :)